- Added alternate weather forecast server option under Weather & location settings
- Optionally display the location timezone in the detailed weather forecast page
- Added option (under Advanced settings) for adjusting the battery position (if visible)
- Added option (under Time & Date settings) for adjusting the widget date format
- Scroll long location names in weather forecast page
- Display current wallpaper as background when choosing skin
- Added option for displaying location information (press menu on weather forecast page, then tap My location)
- More optimizations (please report any problems)
- Added menu in forecast page (use it to jump to widget preferences)
- Added option to display location details in forecast page menu (use this to see full location details as well as GPS position)
- Added option to specify application to launch when minutes are tapped (Settings, Advanced)
- If alternate application is specified when the minutes are tapped, tap anywhere on the widget to bring up the preferences
- Handle empty GPS based weather data (please report if there are still issues)
- Fixed the time display on high resolution displays
Big thanks to all users that send bug reports, suggestions and requested new features.
I only wish the follwing enhancement (optional):
during night the moon with its current phase (full moon, crescent, moon-empty, ...) instead of the earth
Moon phases are not supported yet. This could be added in a future update.Delete
I like the widget, but i have a request?ReplyDelete
Can you make it so it can stretch to fill the whole scree (left to right) like beautiful weather does?
The home launcher im using is go launcher and it lets me re size widgets and your widget has a gap on both sides.
hoping you can do this.
thanks for the last update. But since that I have 2 issues on my SII with Android 2.3.3.
1) Date is showing one month behind. It shows now 21.10. but it is 21.11.
2) Weather is showing wrong time zone. It shows I'm in GMT -5 but I'm in GMT +1 (Prague, Czech Republic). The location is correctly recognized.
I think none of the issues were there before the last update but I'm sure only about the weather one.
If you need more info don't hesitate to contact me.
Regarding the date problem this is a bug; it is already fixed and will be available in the next version of the widget. Regarding the wrong timezone for Prague, try to manually refresh the weather (tap the big weather icon from the weather forecast page) and it should be fixed.Delete
I tried that hint a few times but it is still the same, the time zone is still wrong.
There were some bug fixes concerning timezone related problems. Everything should work fine in the latest version.Delete
This comment has been removed by the author.ReplyDelete
Great app. Really hard on battery though. Is there any way to make it use less. It has the highest batt usage of anything on my phone. Uses more pwr than the screen.ReplyDelete
Battery issues will be addressed in future versions.Delete
Would it be difficult to modify this widget to be compatible with Google TV?ReplyDelete
Wonderful app. However, the location does not get updated consistently on my Samsung Galaxy SII. Sometimes the location is updated as my train is moving through different towns. But most of the time just my hometown is displayed even when I am 70 miles away from home. I have selected the "Use my location" option.ReplyDelete
Location updates are received by the cell network, wifi network or GPS device (if GPS is turned on and the Use GPS option is selected). If the widget received a notification from the phone about a change in the current location it tries to display location information from the Internet. If there is no Internet connection it keeps displays the last found location.Delete
Love it. Keep it up man. I quit using beautiful widgets pro to use this. Miui / infuse 4gReplyDelete